Bosch Fawstin on Ayn Rand

PRODOS

Staff member
Bosch-Fawstin-Mohammad-Contest-Drawing-web-optimized.jpg

Ex-Muslim, Bosch Fawstin (illustrator of the above picture) interviewed by Jon Glatfeller at TheUndercurrent.org:

The Undercurrent:

In your acceptance speech at the contest, you mentioned your admiration for Ayn Rand. Could you talk about what impact she’s had on your career and activism?

Fawstin:

I don’t know where I’d be without her.

Not only did I leave Islam when I starting thinking about morality seriously, but I left the idea of God behind. I had a fresh start.

I knew I was a good kid, but I also knew that I wanted to focus my mind and my life in terms of what path I would take from there, and I began to see things more clearly when I found Ayn Rand’s work.

I read and reread every book of hers, from her fiction to her non-fiction. And I came to see her – in addition to her achievement of Objectivism – as the most fully realized artist who I have ever come across.

The focus, the painstaking care with which she created her art, was something to strive for as an artist.

So, she has clearly had a profound impact on my thinking and on my art, and while her influence on my work might be obvious to some, I’m still producing work that’s uniquely my own.

Last edited: